CHARIOTS OF THE GODS™
THE ULTIMATE ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE
The £ 300m Blackpool Central development will bring world-class visitor attractions to a landmark site on the Golden Mile along with hotels, restaurants, food market, event square, residential apartments and multi-storey parking.
The masterplan for the long-awaited redevelopment is inspired by “Chariots Of The Gods™”, a global publishing phenomenon, written by Swiss author Erich von Däniken, that explores alien encounters and unsolved mysteries of ancient civilizations.
“Chariots Of The Gods™” will be the main theme for Blackpool Central including the anchor attraction – the UK’s first “Flying Theatre”, a fully-immersive thrill ride that will create the incredible sensation of human flight.
Work on the current Central Station site in the heart of the town, just a short walk from the famous Golden Mile could start as early as 2020. It is estimated that the development will attract 600,000 additional visitors a year with a combined annual spend of £75m. It will also create 1,000 new jobs for people in Blackpool.
The project is a collaboration between Nikal Ltd, and Media Invest Entertainment, which owns the intellectual property rights of Chariots Of The Gods. Blackpool Council is working closely with both parties to help ‘unlock’ this development opportunity which is envisaged to be delivered over several phases over an 8-9 year period.
BENEFITS TO THE COMMUNITY
Blackpool Council has worked hard to plan for an all year-round attraction, which will create a range of jobs for people living in the area.
- Around 1000 jobs – that’s equal to a job being available for 1 in every 2 18 year olds in Blackpool leaving education
- Unique attraction, unlike anything else in the UK
- An extra £75m annual spend from additional visitors going into the Blackpool economy
- This will underpin Blackpool’s future regeneration and all of the other investment to make Blackpool better
THE FLYING THEATRE
- The UK’s first Flying Theatre True flight movement provides an unparalleled, real flying sensation
- The No.1 attraction in major cities and theme parks around the world
- Reaches the largest demographic of riders, age 4 – 85
- Fully immersive, including exciting on-board effects (like wind, fog, vibrations, scents, water-spritz, etc.)
VIRTUAL REALITY EXPERIENCE
- The world’s most advanced “Virtual Reality” experience
- Epic scale, free-roam, multi-player
- Whole body, fully immersive, hyper-reality
- State-of-the-art visuals and body tracking Smell, touch and feel
- Custom motion simulators for unmatched realism
- Fully themed bar and event restaurant
- Breath taking “Roller-coaster” service
- A one-of-a-kind place of fun, adventure and discovery
- Hourly special effects show
- Parties and special events
- Healthy and organic food
- The world’s first “Greatest Mysteries” multi-media exhibition
- Scientific, educational and entertaining
- Discover the most astonishing unsolved mysteries
- Exploring a possible extra-terrestrial influence
- A fully immersive and mind-blowing experience
- Created with the latest technology
- Fully themed indoor interactive entertainment
- Roll-glider – a free falling and hang-gliding sensation
- Rope Courses – the ultimate experience of height
- Adventure Trail – challenging obstacles and great adventure
- Quick Jump –overcome your fear
- Climbing Walls – dynamic and interactive fun walls
THRILL AND GAMING ZONE
- Exciting High – thrill and family rides
- Arcade Games
- Bounce Park
- Inflatable Attractions
- Laser Tag Arena
- Bumper Cars and much more…